Melissa is the founder of Brown Girls in the Boardroom, a nonprofit organization focused serving the next generation of female leaders through innovative multi-generational training initiatives, development, and mentoring for underserved women and girls.
Brown Girls in the Boardroom’s mission is to build a brighter future for all girls and women and help them become who they secretly dream of being.
As a past She Is Fierce! Speaker, she has inspired women in our community for years. In this interview, we go deeper on what it means to ‘live on purpose’ and how to bring purpose into your life – no matter what you do.
Ready to jump in?
- Meet Melissa Fulmore-Hardwick [01:03]
- Melissa talks about Brown Girls in the Boardroom [04:11]
- Melissa tells her story of becoming a servant leader [10:11]
- Melissa and Kelly talk about purpose [14:11]
- Melissa shares her own professional challenges [16:31]
- Kelly and Melissa talk about how to stay motivated [21:12]
- Melissa reflects on the impact of growing up as a servant leader [23:46]
- Melissa’s calling to help others [26:58]
- How to support Brown Girls in the Boardroom [32:15]
On our Five-Star-Rated podcast, you’ll hear the inspiring stories of fierce women who have overcome challenges and built purpose-filled lives.
New episodes come out on Tuesday mornings!
Over the coming months, we’ll be sharing interviews with some of my absolute favorite past She Is Fierce! Speakers and our incredible members.
I will also be dropping in for some solo episodes to answer some of the questions I’m asked regularly about how to grow a powerful brand, how to build a mission-driven business from scratch, and how to find joy in the journey.Tune in, rate and review the podcast, and let us know who you would love to see us feature in the future!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download