Have you ever been so scared of doing something you decided against it?!
Well I know you all answered yes to that, silly question right?
But exactly how much is fear holding you back in your life?
I’ve made some pretty ballsy choices recently and absolutely turned my old life upside down to create the one I always dreamed of.
People keep telling me I’m so brave, so confident, a real doer. REALITY CHECK! No I’m not. I’m exactly like you, I had dreamed of doing something different for years, for me that was throwing in corporate and doing what I love everyday; running my own health retreats in Bali and Australia.
I was terrified! I tried it once and went back, why would it be different a second time? Because this time I set myself up for success. This time I’m choosing love over fear. The way I looked at it in the end was what’s more scary not trying something and failing or never trying it and either regretting that or always wondering what if?
For me the what ifs eat away at my heart and soul so I knew I had to take the leap, if there’s something you just can’t stop thinking about (yes, even the latest Alexander Wang bag) stand up and go get it!
What are you waiting for? Seriously. More time to pass, more wondering, more moments of sitting dreaming about how different you would feel if you had what you dreamed of everyday. Let me tell you something only one person can make it happen for you and that’s you! And I guarantee (I’d even give your money back if I was charging you for this) that you can do it, you’re capable of anything you put your mind to. Don’t let family, friends, acquaintances, or the media tell you otherwise.
Here are my top 5 tips for letting go of your fears:
1. Write down what’s the absolute worst case scenario of this dream not working out for you? (I used this technique to overcome a fear this morning…going on a blind surfing date. It works. Trust me. It will instantly calm you down and help rationalize any situation.)
2. Now write down what you would do if that were to happen. How would you keep going, keep living?
3. Write down the first 5 steps you would need to take to make the dream happen. Make these small, achievable steps the first 5 simplest things you could do to get yourself what you want. Remember, baby steps!
4. Now cross the last 4 off and focus on one step at a time. Go ahead and do step 1 – with all your heart and soul – go do your absolute best at achieving step 1. It might be sending an email, making a call, having a conversation. Whatever it is, go do it.
5. If step 1 worked, follow on and repeat step 3 & 4. Continue to do so until you get what you want. It really is that simple!
Fear is natural, being scared is human nature it warns us that there’s danger and, yes, this is a good thing. You must live with danger because if you didn’t, it would mean you weren’t taking any risks, you weren’t growing, you weren’t learning, and you weren’t going places. Together lets go places!
Bec is a qualified Health, Lifestyle, Integrative Nutrition Coach and Yoga Teacher who launched IN2U Health and Wellness to focus on bringing real holistic and healthy lifestyle changes to busy babes. After working a high-end corporate career in sales and marketing for over 10 years and studying her passions on the side she decided to take the leap and change her life and yours.
As a passionate water sports enthusiast, her vision was to incorporate all her passions rolled into one, which is why IN2U Health and Wellness Retreats were born globally. Bec knows first-hand the stress and unhealthy lifestyle factors that come with working full time and juggling your career, friends, family and social life. Her coaching and retreats give you realistic, actionable steps to creating a body and life you love the easy way.